matbeyah shela'aysh- a seller i feel good about

iyar 29 5781

 

i finally felt good about paying a chunk of money for puer. usually i feel constant economic and political dread when participating in capitalism; especially when buying something that comes from super far away). but this time, my purchase finally aligned with my values. i bought tea from a stranger on reddit (aka: mrmopar).

 

why does this make me so happy you ask? this is who i want to give my money to- someone who is doing this out of the joy of their heart. they are not running a business. they are not trying to meet certain margin goals. they are someone who enjoys helping fellow western puer fiends have access to good, hard to get puer, at a good price. it’s like that friend of yours who would sell you weed at the buddy rate because they were only dealing to cover their own cost of smoking.

 

from this person’s reddit posts i could tell i liked their style, i liked their taste preferences, and i also liked the content of what they would post. additionally, they have a very good reputation in the online tea community. i could not be more happy than to give some of that stimulus check to a person like this (i donated my first $600 stimulus check to a good org. this one i’m spending on me- mostly savings, but a lot of it is going to helping me buy good quality puer for my first time).

 

xoxo,

atzei besamim




Comments